Home News Couple Were Found Dead in Their Apartment in Lagos

Couple Were Found Dead in Their Apartment in Lagos


An old married couple was been discovered dead with their body already decaying at their residence on Sadius Crescent, Araromi-Ile, in the Morogbo area of Lagos State.

This has caused intense drama in the area and people living in the community have all ran out to avoid police harassment. The identities of the deceased couple is not yet known.

The landlord of the apartment was allegedly mentally impaired while no relation of the couple had yet to come forward to identify with the dead bodies.

The source said that the late husband and wife should be in their 60s and 50s respectively, adding that their dead bodies had been carried to Badagry General Hospital mortuary.

He said:

“The couple lived in a rented apartment. Their landlord is not mentally sound and he is on admission at a psychiatric hospital. Their co-tenants fled home on hearing the news for fear that they may be arrested.

“The couple were childless and from the look of things, they died a few days before their bodies were discovered as their remains had started decomposing. No relation has come for them.”

SP Chike Oti, who is the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, who confirmed the incidents, said detectives have visited and taken pictures of the scenes.

He said investigations had started to know what might have led to the death of the couple, adding that no mark of violence was discovered on the couple.

He said

“At about 2.30pm, a report was received that decomposing corpses of a husband and wife, name still unknown, were allegedly found in their room on Sadius Crescent, Morogbo, along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

“The corpses were thereafter removed and deposited in the Badagry General Hospital morgue for autopsy. Investigation is in progress.

“In the Ijegun incident, the man allegedly got electrocuted on an electric pole while reconnecting electricity to his house on Yusuf Asika Street, Isheri-Oshun.

“The scene was visited and photographed by detectives. The corpse had been deposited in the Mainland General Hospital morgue for autopsy.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here