Peter Okoye in this recent interview just disclosed his own side of the story of the separation between him and his brother and his plans moving forward.
Mr. P also fielded phone calls from fans who wished him well with his new journey. He came out openly for his fans to know what went wrong.
He said that his family is more important, and singing together is breaking his family bond, which he doesn’t want.
He added that he’s done with doing business (i.e music) with his family.
Some other points he made:
- It’s not about us singing together that really matters because that’s what you guys know, but think about family
- This could be a blessing in disguise.
- I’m not trying to break the family or make anyone look bad. I don’t hate anybody and I’m not trying to make my brothers feel bad.
- I wish everybody the best. Everybody is doing well now, let’s just keep it that way.
- I came out to sing alone to show people I can sing because if I hadn’t done so people will keep thinking otherwise.
- My mother, if she was alive, would have said we should remain together but not do music (business) together.
- I’m doing my best to settle with my family but they (family) are not ready. However, for the business aspect, I’m done.
Mr. P also disclosed he wrote the lyrics to remix of “Bizzy Body.” A fan sang the line: “Peter and Paul dem be one no be two” when he said he actually wrote the song.
Asked why he still uses the name P Square, he answered that it is impossible to tell his story without mentioning the story. He said: “I’m still using P Square on my social media because you can’t talk about my story without mentioning P Square.”
He also said he can perform any of P Square’s songs on stage since he contributed to making them, adding that his brother (Paul) can do so as well.