The Presidency has broken silence to Ahmed Salkida’s latest information on the kidnapped Chibok girls that only 15 of the remaining 113 kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls are still alive.
The presidency says this information that is being disclosed is fake!
Ahmed Sakilda is a Nigerian journalist that is based in Dubai and also a self-acclaimed negotiator in the Chibok girls saga.
Sakilda in a series of posts he made on twitter some days ago, said the 15 surviving girls had walked down the aisle “indoctrinated and might no longer be interested in returning home.
Salkida, who said he’s also part of the negotiating team for the release of the chibok girls since the era of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, urged the Buhari administration to “demand proof of life, as it carries out negotiations to secure the release of the remaining girls still in captivity”.
However, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, has denied Salkida’s claims in a statement he made in Abuja on Saturday.
The presidential aide made it known that Ahmed Salkida was neither involved in the processes that resulted in the liberation of the over 100 Chibok girls nor in the ongoing efforts to secure the release of the Chibok girls that are still remaining in captivity.
“Following the numerous press inquiries on the information contained in the series of tweets by Mr. Ahmed Salkida, we wish to reiterate that the information is not known to the officials of this administration either from the captors of the Chibok girls or the international intercessors who are working with us.
“We wish to confirm that Mr Salkida is not involved, on behalf of the Nigerian government in the processes leading to the release of the over 100 Chibok Girls that have returned to their families, so far, and is not involved in the current processes to secure the release of those still held in captivity.’
“We are concerned and aware that it is taking long to bring the rest of our daughters back home, but be assured that this administration is doing it’s very best to free the girls from their captors.
“Unfortunately, the negotiations between the government and Boko Haram suffered some unexpected setbacks, owing mainly to a lack of agreement among their abductors, whose internal differences have led to a divergence of voices regarding the outcome of the talks.
“We know that this is not the news parents want to hear after four whole years of waiting, but we want to be as honest as possible with you.
“However, this government is not relenting. We will continue to persist, and the parents should please not give up.
”Don’t give up hope of seeing our daughters back home again. Don’t lose faith in this government’s ability to fulfill our promise of reuniting you with our daughters.